Baseball is one of the favorite sports in the U. S. A. Children play baseball in sports fields or parks.
At summer picnic, there is often an informal baseball game. Boys and girls, young and old take turns to bat. There are nine players on each team.
The baseball season goes from April to September. During this time, baseball matches are showed on TV and members(成员) of the important baseball teams become America’s heroes (英雄). At the end of the season, the two top teams play against each other. Many baseball fans go together to watch the game. Millions of others listen to the radio or watch the television. People seem to talk only about the game. Even long after it is over, they still talk about the result and the players.
American football is perhaps the most popular sport in the U. S. A. The football season begins when the baseball season ends. More people are interested in football t han baseball. When there is an important game, thousands of people sit beside radios or in front of television sets to get the result.
1. According to the passage, which is NOT true?
A. Boys and girls like baseball games.
B. Baseball is played in the open air.
C. A baseball game has nine pl ayers.
D. Children sometimes play baseball in parks.
2. American people play baseball in April, _______ and September.
A. May, June, July, August
B. March, May, July, August
C. January, June, October, November
D. February, May, July, December
3. What happens at the end of the baseball season?
A. People talk only about football games.
B. Many baseball fans become members of top teams.
C. A lot of people join in the games.
D. Two top teams play a wonderful baseball game against each other.
4. _______ follows the baseball season in the U. S. A.
A. The baseball season
B. The football season
C. A baseball match
D. A football match
5. This passage mainly tells us something about _______.
A. the football season in the USA.
B. football is more interesting than baseball in the USA.
C. the difference between baseball and football
D. the baseball season in the USA.
1. C根据第二段最后一句There are nine players on each team可知“每个队有9名队员”，那么整个比赛应该是18名队员，故C为错误。
2. A根据第三段第一句The baseball season goes from April to September.可知棒球赛季从四月到九月，所以选A。
3. D根据第三段第三句At the end of the season, the two top teams play against each other.可知赛季的末期，两个最好的队还将进行下一场比赛，所以选D。
4. B根据最后一段第二句The football season begins when the baseball season ends.可知足球赛季在棒球赛季之后，所以选B。