More and more people around the world are joining in dangerous sports. Some people climbed the highest mountains; some traveled into unknown parts of the world; some sailed small boats across the largest sea. Now some people begin to look for new excitement.
Bungee jumping (蹦极) and motorcycle racing (摩托车赛) are quite dangerous sports. Bungee jumping only lasts for a few minutes or even seconds. You jump from a high place, about 200 meters above the ground, and there is a rubber band (橡胶带子) tied to your legs. When you jump down, the rubber band pulls you up. About 2,000,000 people around the world have tried bungee jumping.
Why do people join in these dangerous sports? Some scientists say that it is because modern life has become safe and it is not interesting. In the past, people lived in danger. They had to go out and look for food, and life was like a fight but was interesting.
Many people think that there is little excitement in life. They live and work in safe places, buy food in shops, and there are doctors and hospitals to look after them if they become ill.
1. People like to join in dangerous sports because _______.
A. they have a lot of free time
B. they can go to the hospital if they are hurt
C. they need excitement
D. they don’t need to look for food
2. _______ is not a dangerous sport.
A. Climbing the highest mountains
B. Playing table tennis
C. Traveling into unknown parts of the world
D. Sailing small boats across the largest sea
3. In bungee jumping, you _______.
A. jump up as high as you can
B. jump down with a rubber band tied to your legs
C. jump down without a rubber band
D. jump to the ground
4. In the past, people lived in danger because _______.
A. the living condition (生存条件) was poor
B. there was no doctor or hospital
C. there were many dangerous animals
D. A、B and C
5. Which is NOT true?
A. Everyone’s life is interesting.
B. Many people live and work in safe places.
C. Many people buy food in shops.
D. People can go to see the doctors when they become ill.
1. C根据文章内容Now some people begin to look for new excitement.可知答案为C
3. B根据文章内容there is a rubber band (橡胶带子) tied to your legs. When you jump down, the rubber band pulls you up可知答案为B
4. A根 据文章内容In the past, people lived in danger. They had to go out and look for food, and life was like a fight but was interesting.可知答案为A